Sunday, July 12, 2009

California, Yeah!

Hey, hey. I'm actually down here now and found a few minutes to jump online and check email etc. Can take a few seconds to update the blog.

Manuel is a nice guy and pretty sharp. He's catching on fast. Things are in a bit of a mess, so we're cleaning up a bit as well go - taking a new snapshot of my disk back home and testing all the scripts. I'm letting him do it with my direction and it's working well. Nice that the documentation all seems to work fine. I'm reading through my doc as we go, and making a few notes for future fix-ups but everything is smooth.

Stroke of luck - I get to the airport, and Kate is sitting there doing a Sudoku thing. So we got to talk for a while before the flight. She is in San Jose too. She's at another Hotel just down the street from mine. It's a better spot, but her trip was booked a week or so ago, and there were no rooms left for me in that place at the last minute. Both are close to the office anyway. She is in Finance it turns out, and doing some sort of audit with the local guys. I saw her walk by the window of the server room with some guy once. A suit type. She's looking hot in her biz suit. She's a girl with a mind like a diamond and eyes that cut like a ... how does that go? Reminds me of the short skirt and long jacket chick. She rented a car, but I just took a cab from the Airport. Less hassle I was thinking, but maybe she has a better idea.

I should try and hang around near quitting time, and see what she's up to. Manuel mentioned his family has some thing tonight. I guess he's married and has in-laws in San Jose, that's why they moved down from Boston. A long way to go for free babysitting.

Just checked the NASA site and they were showing some cool video of the outside of the space station and there's this weird little white line in the sky that someone noticed, and the Jorge guy focussed the camera on it briefly. They thought it was something on the lens, but it's clearly not when he moved the camera. Zooming in didn't make any difference. Must be space junk, or a small piece of ice.

Anyway, better get back to work.

No comments: