Monday, July 13, 2009

Slow Motion World

Everything is moving so SLOW, yet so insanely fast. These are wacko days of coincidences and earth-shattering changes, and terribly mundane, boredom. I don't know whether to change my blog's name or if it's perfectly apropos!

So I'm sitting here in Chicago, and it's 9pm ish. My connecting flight is messed up and nobody is saying why. I'm watching news on a big TV in this waiting area, just hoping I'll get home.

So, the news is now is in full feeding-frenzy mode. As is typical, they just say the same thing over and over, and get reaction comments from dozens of people, none of whom know anything more than anyone else.

Tomorrow is going to be scary for my savings - the stock market was taking a big dive just before closing. There's speculation that it's the tech stocks that are leading it, because if there really is some sort of unknown spaceship out there, it might mean that new technologies are about to be had which will make ours obsolete. Can you beleive that!? That's pretty tangible impacts on our lives from a silly unidentified thing in space that is probably space junk or a funny shaped asteroid or something.

Then again, I guess it is staying in a weird position so that nobody has gotten a good picture of it. It's staying on the sunny side of the planet, and near the sun, so taking a picture isn't possible. I guess they have a radar track of it, but that doesn't do much for you. No word on what's up with the space station and shuttle yet.

Hey - this is happening as I type... AMAZING NEWS! They say the space station is no longer where it should be! Apparently the space station and shuttle are still not in contact, and they've started to change orbit, but thermal cameras don't show any engine activity. The orbit is increasing apparently and slowing down - I mean in terms of it's speed around the earth. It was in a 360km orbit, and it's moving out - now it's at over a 1000 km from earth!

That's GOT to be proof of something wacky going on. There is NO WAY this could be something they are doing themselves - I don't think they'd have the fuel to be abled to change their orbit that dramatically.

I don't know whether to be scared or excited or laugh! Well, most of all I just want to get home.

Holy crap! Gotta go...

No comments: