Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Early Morning Thinking

Okay, I couldn't sleep for some reason, and so I get on the web and I think - hell, it's 4:00 am and I'm bored and wide awake - I think I'll try out my new wireless 3G PC card. I think it uses UMTS. I picked this up in California and figure it's supposed to be easy to set up so, I've plugged it into my laptop and and configured a few things, and bingo - I'm live on the web with no cords. So cool.

But I'm worried now. There's a bunch of chatter on some usenet groups about weird lights in the sky in Denmark and Sweden and Norway area. I found a few news sites in the UK that are actively reporting on it too, and connections are being made with the strange bit with the silent space station. What worries me is that flights are grounded in Stockholm and a few other airports over that way, and the article speculated about further restrictions. They must know something, you don't ground airlines if there is nothing going on.

So I'm sitting here, now its about 4:13 and I'm wondering. When everyone wakes up here, will they do something wacky here too? What if they stop flights in the US we're stuck in Chicago with god knows what going on.

I'm starting to think outloud here - well through my fingers. Maybe I should pack up and go rent a car before it gets too weird. It's probably only a few hours to the Canadian border and we'll at least be there. I'm sure I can get my company to pay me back - it must be cheaper than airfare. One way rentals though are a bit more pricey perhaps?

Should I call Kate and wake her up? She'll think I'm bloody nuts. I mean, we talked about this weird thing and aliens or whatever while at the airport, so I know she's aware of it. Shit - what should I do.

...

Okay just clicked away and looked at a few other European websites. It's sounding like they might ground all the planes in Northern Europe!!! Crap, crap, crap. I think I'm going to do this.

Yeah - I'm packing up now!! Gotta go!

No comments: