Monday, July 13, 2009

Coffee Time

Okay - I've gotta try and find a TV here. I'm taking a break while the new guy runs a bunch of scripts. He's got a good handle on it all, and I think we're going to be though it all in another hour or two. Checking email and stuff, and I see on the online papers and such that this whole NASA thing is blowing up big time - I don't mean literally.

Turns out that a Houston paper is reporting that NASA employees were not being allowed home, and their family couldn't talk to them. Then the shit hit the fan, and this morning the media is all over it. They even admitted that the big stations asked the staff not to cover the story last night and sit tight until today.

So we've got NASA with no contact with the Space Station and Shuttle, and none of the staff leaving or in touch with their family. Now the papers exposing that the TV news was told not to do anything more than the headlines about the communications failure. But there's supposed to be a big press conference starting about now. I wish I could find a TV. Gotta go hunt. This is getting pretty weird.

No comments: