Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Moon Base Alpha

This would have sounded totally crazy a couple of days ago, but now... well it's still crazy. Can you believe this stuff about the Space Shuttle and the ISS?!

Oh, we're back in Ottawa by the way, and we dropped the car off to a pissed off looking guy at the rental place. "You can't do that" he says. "Well, we're here, Kate says - deal with it." She was funny. So he gets on the phone and comes back with this $400 extra charge and we say "yeah, whatever." Kate's further up the hierarchy than I am, so I figure her card would be the best choice. As she signs and walks away, she says - "Well, that wasn't so bad."

We share a cab to the airport where we both have our cars - and she actually gave me a hug, and says "My hero - good instincts there you got us home." A mutual smile ensues and a brief moment of silence "Well, I guess I'll see you at work tomorrow," I said, and we both laughed.

What do you do when the earth is being invaded - do you go to work?!

Oh yeah - that's the I can't believe it part. The Space Shuttle and space station being moved out like that. First it was reported that the orbit was increasing. Now they admit that something has moved it way out - and now it's BEHIND THE MOON! WTF!?

So what happens now!?

I'm at home - home sweet home. I've got to catch up with the guys at the snark and see what's been going down here. This will be my first post-earth-invasion beer.

So apparently the government is having a big pow-wow just now, and their sending a guy off to the New York special UN session. There are military jets flying around - but I don't know what the hell their doing. There's nothing to chase.

Oh yeah, and if that wasn't enough.... everything that goes into Oslo Norway, or that whole chunk of Norway and Sweden - disappears. There's no contact and no way in or out. But everything else seems so normal. I mean - hell I'm on the Internet aren't I!? Like, you'd think someone would have shut that down.

No army on the street corners yet, or crowds with torches. I assume the pubs open so I'm headed over. Some things don't stop for alien invasions. I'm going to text the guys and see if anyone else is there. You'd think I'd be tired after this marathon day, but a few winks in the car must have been enough. That plus I'm dying to talk to someone!!

No comments: